Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo

November is just around the corner, and so is National Novel Writing month. I placed a link on the side bar. Last year, I took the challenge set forth by NaNoWrimo and tried to write a 50,000 word novel in only one month. I did not make it to 50 last year, and I am still debating on whether to try again this year. I had set a personal deadline for myself to finish at least one manuscript before November, to free myself up to participate in NaNoWrimo again. I'm still not anywhere near where I need to be on either of my novels in progress. So the verdict is still out.

I've come to the realization that I need to adjust my writing schedule. As it stands now, I usually only write on Sundays and I loose my momentum between each week. I've tried writing a bit during lunch breaks at work, but that doesn't leave me enough time to get immersed in the story. So last week, I decided to try to get up early and write before work. The days I succeed in dragging myself out of bed are great, and hopefully I can make a habit of it. Otherwise, it's going to take me forever to get a first draft finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment